I want to know what the name of a sword is

by tristan brannock

QUESTION: I am being offerd a sword that is said to be wavy all the way up and 2 handed and it was used to cut peoples heads off. Well the orginal ones anyways... I was wondering if you know the name of this type of sword. Thanks it would help a ton.

ANSWER: Hi Tristan,

It's either a Flamberge or a Kris (Flamberge being a large European sword and a Kris being a sword of Indonesia).

Neither of these were, to the best of my knowledge, strictly speaking executioners swords.

Anyway, hope this helps. Try googling the two types of swords listed above and see if any images match the sword you are being offered.

- Paul

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask Questions About European Swords.

Looking for honest, trustworthy sword sellers? Look no further than:

The Official SBG Sword Buyers Directory!

Sword Buyers Digest Newsletter!

Sword Buyers Digest Newsletter

Sign Up Now

Sign Up to Our FREE Monthly E-zine for all the latest sword news, info and much, much more! Click here for more info.